Friday, May 3, 2013

The Sight of Small Stones


wikimedia commons 
Kersplosh
aussiegall


i blink in the small spaces in between
those spaces where fear has rooted and sprouted

and as i go there today, turn my eyes inward

i am aware of the small pebbles beneath the water
reflecting light above them

i feel like one of them
tossed
floating finding a resting place
reflecting the light

and as i feel the other pebbles about me
i turn my eyes to them and see that each one is turned toward the light

who am i not to then?


I am not sure if this is a poem or a musing. I know that the nature of fear and the willingness to feel the other things around me in addition to fear is one of the things I am thinking about. Today in the shower, I blinked and in the darkness in between I saw a set of small stones on a river bed in my mind's eye. There is a peacefulness in that image for me.


copyright/all rights reserved Audrey Howitt 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment

I am humbled by your visit and by your comments. I will try to reciprocate if you leave a comment. And please know that your comments are so important to me.